As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When you want the best delicious, ultimate treats, these awesome Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars will be the answer to your sweet dreams!
There are no eggs, or dairy in this recipe. Can you believe that?
Get ready for some big love from your oven! These gooey Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars are gonna be your newest baking addiction!
For more peanut butter treats, here ya go!
Best Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup peanut butter must be stir-able, microwave for 20 seconds or more to loosen up if needed.
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour - gluten free flour like Bob's Red Mill could be used. Oat, spelt or almond flour could be used as well.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar of choice or xylitol can use a couple of tablespoons less if you want, we like to use Zulka, it's organic
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips plus an additional 2 tablespoons for the top of bars
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and keep stirring until dough all comes together. I like using a rubber spatula and folding into the dough to get it to come together for a minute or 2. Dough will be thick, but should not be crumbly.
- Press some chocolate chips into the top if desired.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- When you take the peanut butter bars out, the top will look set but they will still be very undercooked underneath, which is what you want. Leave them to cool for at least 20 minutes, during which time they will firm up.
- Cut into bars and serve.
Recipe slightly modified from Chocolate Covered Katie
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.