As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When you want the best delicious, ultimate treats, these awesome Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars will be the answer to your sweet dreams!
These fudgy peanut butter bars are so tasty and they’re loaded with chocolate chips! These are so wonderful, we could eat them everyday and that would be ok!! Seriously YUM!
There are no eggs, or dairy in this recipe. Can you believe that?
Well, you can, because we used applesauce and peanut butter to make up for those ingredients. And the end result is…where have these peanut butter bars been all my life?! 🙂
The recipe consists of only 8 ingredients, which you already have in your pantry most likely. The essentials! Peanut butter, sugar, applesauce, baking soda, salt, flour, chocolate chips and
Get ready for some big love from your oven! These gooey Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars are gonna be your newest baking addiction!
For more peanut butter treats, here ya go!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
Best Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
25 Awesome Vegan Peanut Butter Desserts
Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
Best Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup peanut butter must be stir-able, microwave for 20 seconds or more to loosen up if needed.
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour - gluten free flour like Bob's Red Mill could be used. Oat, spelt or almond flour could be used as well.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar of choice or xylitol can use a couple of tablespoons less if you want, we like to use Zulka, it's organic
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips plus an additional 2 tablespoons for the top of bars
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease an 8-inch baking pan, or line with parchment paper for easy removal, spray with non-stick cooking spray, set aside. In a mixing bowl, mix stir-able peanut butter, applesauce and vanilla extract together, then set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the baking soda, salt, flour, sugar, and chocolate chips.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and keep stirring until dough all comes together. I like using a rubber spatula and folding into the dough to get it to come together for a minute or 2. Dough will be thick, but should not be crumbly.
- Press some chocolate chips into the top if desired.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- When you take the peanut butter bars out, the top will look set but they will still be very undercooked underneath, which is what you want. Leave them to cool for at least 20 minutes, during which time they will firm up.
- Cut into bars and serve.
Recipe slightly modified from Chocolate Covered Katie
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Thank you for the fantastic recipe, was easy to follow and make. I put it for 4 minutes more in the oven. It tastes divine with the chocolate chips melting.
Thank you so much for the comment and rating! I’m so happy that you liked the recipe! 🙂
[…] Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars […]
[…] Best Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars […]