As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
What is the first thing you think of when you have zucchini and what you are going to make with it?
DUH!! Make the Best Zucchini Bread! Zucchini bread is definitely an awesome way to use up all that zucchini in the garden, which makes it nice for us, since our neighbors have a garden and kindly give it to us! Thanks neighbors!
You’ll love this awesome zucchini bread! It’s loaded with 2 1/2 cups of zucchini, along with applesauce, cinnamon and simple pantry staples that you already have on hand and it’s one of best zucchini breads we’ve ever had, if not the best. The texture is stunning and the cinnamon smell is quite intoxicating!
No one will know this but you, but it has no eggs, no dairy and it’s healthy-ish, thanks to the zucchini! Did you know zucchini has more potassium than bananas? TRUE!
You can make it healthier, by doing different things, like using healthy sugar substitutes or xylitol or using spelt flour or a whole white wheat pastry flour. But I wouldn’t lighten up on the sugar by decreasing it too much. I think that would really not do it justice and really change the flavor.
You end up with a very large loaf of Zucchini bread baked in a 9×5 loaf pan. You could do smaller loaves or muffins, but decrease the baking time depending on the size of your loaves or muffins.
When baking zucchini bread, make sure you squeeze out excess water from grated zucchini before adding it to your batter, because zucchini naturally has a lot of water in it.
After you shred it, that becomes very clear. Simply leave it to rest for 5-10 minutes, the water will begin accumulating in the bowl! Squeeze as much out as possible before making it into zucchini bread. Place the zucchini between thick-ply paper towel sheets and wring the juice out. It works well. Interestingly enough, each zucchini is a bit different when it comes to water content. I’ve notice zucchini from the store has less water than straight from the garden!
You can even make a bunch of loaves and freeze them and when you’re feeling the urge, indulge in some summer heaven when it’s gloomy and cold outside to brighten your day! Serve it for breakfast, brunch, dessert and as a snack!
Best Zucchini Bread & It's VEGAN!
- 2½ C Shredded Zucchini 1 large zucchini or 2 small
- 1 C Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- ¾ C Olive oil or oil of choice. I used 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 canola oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 C All-Purpose Flour or flour of choice, like spelt
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Shred or grate 1 large zucchini using food processor or grater/shredder.
- Combine zucchini, applesauce, sugars, oil and vanilla together and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon & whisk together.
- Add, flour mixture to wet mixture and mix & let sit for 15 minutes
- Place mixture into a 9x5" bread pan & bake for 70-75 minutes.
- *Check at 60 minutes with a toothpick to check progress.
- Zucchini bread is done when toothpick pulls clean.
- Best served next day or a few hours.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.