As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Vegan rice and beans is a staple for most of us who take advantage of a plant-based diet. It doesn’t have to be plain and tasteless! This recipe is so good and so simple. Anybody can make it!
Beyond Sausages are amazing, and they bring this recipe to the next level! Omnivores and Vegans will both LOVE this recipe. Surprise your friends and family by telling them afterwards that this meal is completely vegan!
Beyond Spanish Rice and Beans
- 2.5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Beyond Sausage links optional
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1.5 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 cup salsa with chunks
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat, add olive oil. After 1-2 minutes add chopped onion, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir well, and return to the stove on medium-low heat. Stir until rice starts to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 18 minutes.
- Slice sausage and add it into the rice. Top it off with fresh cilantro and avocado if you wish!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.