Vegan rice and beans is a staple for most of us who take advantage of a plant-based diet. It doesn’t have to be plain and tasteless! This recipe is so good and so simple. Anybody can make it!
Beyond Sausages are amazing, and they bring this recipe to the next level! Omnivores and Vegans will both LOVE this recipe. Surprise your friends and family by telling them afterwards that this meal is completely vegan!
Beyond Spanish Rice and Beans
- 2.5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Beyond Sausage links optional
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1.5 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 cup salsa with chunks
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat, add olive oil. After 1-2 minutes add chopped onion, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add uncooked rice to onions and stir often. Once the rice barely starts to brown take the pan off the heat, and add vegetable broth and salsa.
- Stir well, and return to the stove on medium-low heat. Stir until rice starts to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 18 minutes.
- While rice cooks, you can cook your sausages in a separate pan.
- After rice is finished remove it from the stove. Stir black beans into rice and cover. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice sausage and add it into the rice. Top it off with fresh cilantro and avocado if you wish!
Beyond Vegan Rice and Beans Shopping List
These are affiliate links. They help us out, but don’t cost you anything extra!
Beyond Sausage (bulk – cheaper at your grocery store!)