These Vegan pumpkin muffins are super rich and chocolatey! We found this recipe at ForkKnifeSwoon.com, and replaced the egg and dairy ingredients with Vegan alternatives. It’s an awesome recipe because it doesn’t contain any butter or margarine at all. These muffins are to die for!
We added 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to try to showcase the pumpkin flavor a bit more. When you taste these muffins you’ll get a little hint of pumpkin pie to go along with the super rich chocolate fudge flavor.
We want to try to make these chocolate Vegan pumpkin muffins again in the future with a different variation. We are planning to cut the cocoa powder in half (from 2 tbsp to 1 tbsp), and adjust the pumpkin pie spice to 1 tbsp (from 1 tsp). We think that combination would taste pretty unique, and we’re pretty excited to give it a whirl!
Chocolatey Pumpkin Vegan Muffins
- Muffin Pan
- Muffin Liners
- 1 cup pumpkin plain puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg replacer for 1 egg we used Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk we used oat milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened, we used dark cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 & 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 & 2/3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup Vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put liners in muffin pan if you have them, otherwise grease it.
- In a large bowl add 1 cup pumpkin, replacement for 1 egg, and 1 tsp vanilla. Whisk until mixed well.
- Use a spatula to stir in 2 tbsp cocoa powder and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice. Then stir in 1/2 tsp salt and 1 & 1/8 tsp baking soda.
- Add 1 & 2/3 cup flour, stir until just combined, careful not to over stir. Distribute batter evenly in muffin pan.
- Top muffins with Vegan chocolate chips, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean, then let them rest and cool for at least 10 minutes. If they rest long enough they come out of the muffin pan and liners more cleanly.
If you’re a fan of the pumpkin and chocolate combination like we are, then check out these Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Donuts!
Chocolatey Vegan Pumpkin Muffins Shopping List
This post contains affiliate links. These links help us out by giving us a small cut of each sale generated through them. They cost you absolutely nothing extra. We thank you so much if you order through our links! 🙂