As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These creamy vegan strawberry rhubarb tarts will awaken your taste buds! They are an exquisite treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast, a snack, or dessert.
When strawberries and rhubarb join forces a wondrous thing happens. The tartness of rhubarb and sweetness of strawberries together tastes amazing. It’s a magical combination that we absolutely crave.
The star of this recipe, rhubarb, is a very nutritious vegetable (did you know it’s actually a veggie?!).
It has properties that can actually help prevent Alzheimer’s disease, improve bone health, fight cancer, improve blood circulation, improve vision, improve skin, and help treat menopausal symptoms.
Check out all of the rhubarb benefits in detail here: https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/fruit/rhubarb.html
Creamy Vegan Strawberry Rhubarb Tarts
- 5 frozen strawberries
- 9 oz frozen rhubarb stalks don't eat the leaves, they're poisonous!
- 10 dates pitted
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted into liquid
- 1 tbsp sugar or you can use agave or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 10 vegan graham crackers (keebler brand is easy to find)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
Cinnamon Graham Cracker Crust
Strawberry Rhubarb Filling
- In a food processor combine 5 frozen strawberries, 9 oz. frozen rhubarb, 10 pitted dates,1 avocado, and 1 tbsp sugar. Process at low speed for 2 minutes, then scrape sides down, and process at high speed for 2 more minutes until smooth and creamy. Be sure to have a good grip on your food processor. You can stop here if you want a delicious vegan ice cream!
- Add 1/4 cup coconut oil (liquid) and 1 tbsp corn starch to food processor and process for another minute on high speed.
Making the Tarts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place muffin liners into muffin pan.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of graham cracker crumble into each muffin liner. Press them down with a spoon. You should have some left over to crumble on tops of tarts.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of tart filling mixture into muffin liners and smooth the top with a spoon.
- Use a spoon to drop remaining graham cracker crumble onto tops of tarts. Smooth them out with a spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for at least 15 minutes. You can eat them warm if you like (with a spoon), but they are better if you let them sit in the refrigerator for a couple hours so that the filling sets and firms up.
Vegan Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream!
Part of this recipe can also be used to make an AMAZING vegan ice cream! If you just use the food processor to process the frozen strawberries, frozen rhubarb, dates, avocado, and sugar you end up with a simple, quick, sweet, and fruity ice cream!
Vegan Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream
- Put all ingredients into a food processor. Hold on to the processor with 2 hands, start at the lowest speed and process for 2 minutes. Scrape sides down, and then process at high speed for 2 more minutes, or until creamy!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.