As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You can make fun cake mix cookies vegan by using any of the Duncan Hines Cake Mixes. Use Egg Replacer to replace the eggs. It works well in these cookies and it’s highly recommended for these Easy Vegan Cake Mix Cookies!
So let’s talk about fun cookie combinations!
Wanna upgrade? Sweet! Here’s some cool vegan ideas, but make sure the add-ins you choose are vegan!
Always be sure to check your local grocery stores, too, which may carry an “accidentally vegan” brand. Simply look at ingredients for milk or whey when choosing your beloved chocolate chips!
Some frostings are made with butter, cream cheese, or other dairy “products,” and if you eat those, you support inherent cruelty to cows. Try these vegan varieties:
- Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style Frosting: Dark Chocolate Fudge, Classic Chocolate, Classic Vanilla, Cream Cheese, Coconut Pecan, and Lemon Supreme
- Miss Jones Organic Frosting: Chocolate, Vanilla, and Confetti Pop
- Wholesome! Organic Frosting: Chocolate, Vanilla, and Wild White Strawberry
- Wilton Ready-to-Use Icing Tubes
- DIY Vegan Buttercream Frosting from LovingItVegan
When choosing sprinkles, watch out for confectioner’s glaze, which is made from the bodies of insects who didn’t want to die. Try these cruelty-free options and check labels from these brands that do carry some vegan options.
- Watkins Rainbow Decorating Sugar
- Wilton Edible Glitter, Gold Stars
- Wilton Sparkle Gels
- Color Garden Sugar Crystals
- Color Kitchen Rainbow Sprinkles
- Let’s Do Organic Sprinkelz Organic Confetti
- Marshalls Creek Spices All Natural Vegan Cake Decorations
Vegan Food Colorings
When it comes to food coloring, avoid animal-derived ingredients—such as carmine (aka cochineal extract, crimson lake, and natural red 4), which comes from the female cochineal insect. Here are some vegan options:
- Watkins Assorted Food Coloring
- Color Garden Food Coloring
- Color Kitchen Single Color Packets: Other varieties include Color Kitchen’s 10 Pack-Multi Color Box, its Color Set-3 pack, and the brand’s Vibrant 5 Color Pack.
Of course, don’t count out using dried fruits, coconut and nuts in your cookies to give it a little crunch or texture. The kids are gonna love these!!
Dried fruit is almost always vegan, but it’s not always. Prepacked dried fruit can have animal contaminants if it’s made in the same facilities that process eggs, dairy or meat. Some dried fruits can be considered non-vegan, like figs. So, if the label says eggs, dairy, meat or honey explicitly, you’ll want to avoid. Good to know right?
So, what’s your ideal cookie idea? For a holiday like Valentine’s Day, go for strawberry, red velvet, cherry chip or chocolate and make it happen with your favorite add-ins! For Birthdays, add in a cup of sprinkles and watch for big smiles! For holidays coordinate your cake mix with the holiday colors and add coordinating sprinkles on top with yummy, creamy frosting.
The possibilities are endless and delicious!
Easy Vegan Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box 18.25 oz any flavor cake of Duncan Hines Cake Mix it's vegan
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 egg replacer eggs (2 tablespoons egg replacer & 4 tablespoons water mix together and let it thicken for a minute
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons non-dairy milk
- 1 and 1/4 cups vegan chocolate chips of choice
- see other add-in ideas in article post for other ideas and information
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to keep cookies from spreading
- Add egg mixture to cake mixture and mix together using mixer until all the dry cake mix lumps disappear.
- Fold in chocolate chips or any other add-ins you wish to upgrade your cookies.
- Drop by round tablespoon balls or use a small cookie scoop onto baking sheet and do not flatten.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Be careful to not allow for browning.
- Allow to cool and then transfer to wire rack.
More cookie love? Check out these
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.