As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy Vegan pumpkin pie is made possible due to agar agar powder. It’s such a wondrous ingredient! We tried to create Vegan pumpkin pies with other methods, like cornstarch and tofu, but we could never get them to set well enough. Don’t get us wrong, they tasted delicious, but they were just never quite firm enough for our liking.
Agar agar powder is a thickening agent made from… seaweed! It doesn’t have any taste, and it’s highly nutritious. This magical powder is high in fiber, potassium, magnesium, and folate. If you like, check out this link from TheSpruceEats to learn more about agar.
Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- 1 ready pie crust make sure it's Vegan!
- 1 30 oz can pumpkin pie filling (we used Libby's) If you have a large pie crust you may need to add a bit more pie filling, or a sliced banana, get creative!
- 2 tsp agar agar powder
Optional Extra Ingredients
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate chips non-dairy
- 1 banana sliced
- Pour pumpkin pie filling into a sauce pan, and add 2 tsp of agar agar powder. Whisk to combine. Heat on stove on medium-high heat, whisking often. When it starts to bubble turn heat to low and continue to whisk often for 5 minutes.
- Remove pie filling from heat and pour into the ready pie crust (you may need to bake your pie crust for a few minutes first). If adding banana slices and/or melted chocolate you can add it to the pie filling now. Put pie in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes for it cool and set.
Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie Shopping List
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.