Pad Thai Vegan-Style
This pad thai tastes authentic, and is pretty easy to make. It makes plenty for 4 people. If you’re looking for a super flavorful Asian dish then look no further!
Vegan Pad Thai
A delicious version of pad thai, made for vegans!
Course: Main Course
Keyword: pad thai, asian, noodles, peanut sauce
Servings: 4 People
- 8 oz Rice Noodles
- 2 cups Chopped Broccoli
- 4 oz Sliced Mushrooms we prefer shiitake and/or oyster
- 3/4 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts
- Fresh Cilantro
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil or other oil works finetoo
- 1 Green Onion chopped
- 1 Red Chile Pepper chopped small
- 2/3 cup Bangkok Peanut Dipping Sauce or similar Pad Thai Sauce (without fish sauce!)
- 1/3 cup Crush Peanuts we used raw unsalted – crush with a spoon in a ziploc bag
- 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Cook rice noodles according to package. We soaked ours in hot tap water for 25 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet add 1 tbsp sesame oil and turn heat to low-medium.
- Add garlic and red chile pepper, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and carrots, cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another minute.
- Add rice noodles, green onion, and bean sprouts with the vegetables.
- Turn heat to low and stir in Peanut Dipping Sauce (or similar pad thai sauce), 1 more tbsp sesame oil, and 1 tbsp soy sauce.
- Cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes stirring often.
- Remove from heat..
- On plates top the pad thai with crushed peanuts, cilantro, and squeezed lime juice.