As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Get out the muffin pan! These Perfect Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are so fluffy and moist and loaded with with chocolate chips in every bite! You’ll want to make these awesome muffins over and over!
So simple with just the right balance of pumpkin and chocolate. They are the most amazing addition to your breakfast and for snacking throughout the day. So yummy, delectable and also egg-free and dairy-free, these vegan muffins are just as delicious and will hold a candle to any regular pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipe out there!
You just mix ’em up in one bowl in less than 5 minutes and then bake them until they come out super fluffy and moist! They smell so good baking in the oven and even better going into your mouth! Pumpkin and chocolate definitely are a perfect match made in heaven!
We always use non-dairy chocolate chips but you can use any kind of chocolate chips you have on hand or you can also leave out the chocolate chips. They are excellent either way! We like to make 1/2 of the muffins with chocolate chips and 1/2 of them without by adding the chocolate chips into the batter after scooping out 6 muffins into the liners.
Freeze them, store them in the fridge or eat them at room temperature. Even microwave for 10 – 15 seconds to get that oven baked fresh taste. They are also awesome slathered in some vegan butter and they just melt in your mouth!
Hands down some of the best pumpkin muffins we’ve ever eaten! These will soon be your ‘go-to’ Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins too! Kids go absolutely nuts over them and you can feel good about them chowing down on them, because they are healthy as well! To make them healthier, substitute the all-purpose flour with some whole wheat flour.
So….What are you waiting for!? Let’s bake!
Perfect Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup pumpkin puree make sure not to use pumpkin pie FILLING
- 3/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/3 cup canola oil or oil of choice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup agave syrup can also be used
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour white whole wheat flour or Gluten-free Flour (like Bob's Red Mill) can also be used
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup chocolate chips of choice we like Enjoy Life
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Once cooled, place in air-tight sealed container. Awesome warmed up in microwave for 15 seconds.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.