This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
This past weekend, we made the most Perfect Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies! Seriously, you’ll love this recipe!
Super easy to make and most importantly, (besides eating them!) there’s no chilling of the cookie dough, which we love, because honestly, in real-time, who wants to wait an hour later to bake them, especially when you are craving some warm, gooey heavenly chocolate chip cookies like NOW!
Of course, you always have the option to freeze this ‘Perfect’ Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies dough if you want to, when you need to satisfy your cookie fix on a whim. If you do, we’d recommend you scoop your cookies using a cookie scoop or roll into balls as if you were about to bake them on a baking sheet, but freeze them instead. Once frozen, seal them up inside a plastic freezer bag. Grab as many as you want to bake when the craving strikes.
Allow a few extra minutes, when baking, because it’s obvious they will need a few extra minutes in the oven since they would be frozen. Of course, you could always make 2 batches, one for now and one for later for freezing to get ahead of the game.
The cookie dough will be thick and it tastes amazing. We veganized my mom’s Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies, which is super, super popular on Pinterest and social media. By tasting these, you would never know they didn’t have real eggs and butter in them.
Just some minor adjustments and you get sweet, chewy and satisfying yumminess!
We used Country Crock®Plant Butter made with plant-based oils, and they have 3 kinds featuring oils from almonds, olives, and avocados, which we purchased at Walmart. We used the almond oil plant butter in this batch, but you could use any of them in this recipe and feel good about it! Of course, Earth Balance is a great plant butter too.
For the egg portion, we used Flaxseed Meal and it worked like a dream.
For the chocolate chips, we love Guittard’s Dairy Free Chocolate Chips but Enjoy Life or Lily’s are also great options. Guittard’s uses sunflower lecithin in their chocolate chips, making it a wonderful dairy-free chocolate chip option and good news — they are reasonably priced. 🙂
Cookie scoops, choose from 3 sizes to make your favorite sized cookies!
We hope you give these a try. These are absolutely ‘perfect’ for any time of the day, party-time and don’t forget…that special day (Valentine’s Day) is coming up for the ones you love, including yourself.
Let’s bake some love!
'Perfect' Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 flax egg 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour see notes below
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips add more if you want more chocolatey chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.. (To get best results, use parchment paper).
- Make the flax egg by stirring the ground flax and water together in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the butter, and sugars until smooth and mixed together well.
- Add the flax egg, almond milk and vanilla and mix on low speed until mixed in.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix in until just incorporated. Do not keep mixing - do not overmix.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until incorporated. Dough will be thick.
- Using a small, medium or large ice cream scoop or heaping tablespoon, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, 6 to 8 per pan, depending on size you are making.
- Bake the cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned. The cookies will seem soft but don’t worry, they will firm up while they cool.
- Small cookies bake 10 minutes
- Medium to Large cookies bake 13-15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes 18 -30 cookies depending on size.
Flour Tips: Don't over-mix cookie batter especially after the flour is added and add it gradually.Make sure your baking soda is not expired.
Chocolate Chip Tips: If you're in chocoholic mode, go a full 2 1/4 cups of chocolate chips.