As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This tasty Vegetable Lo Mein is the tastiest! If you love lo mein like us, you’ll find this amazing dish is not as complicated like you might think. In fact, it’s so quick and easy, because you’ll bring everything together in one pan in something like 15 minutes, from start to finish! Yes Please!!
This Quick & Easy Vegetable Lo Mein is vegan, healthy and loaded with veggies. But best of all it’s super delish! It can be served as a main dish or as a side dish.
What is Lo Mein?
Lo mein is a very popular Asian take-out food, but you can make the same thing at home with whatever veggies you have on hand. Keep in mind, it will be a lot faster than waiting for it to come to your house for delivery, or going out to pick it up.
It tastes way better too! You know exactly what is going into it, which is very important. Plus you can spice it up if you want with some sriracha or some red pepper flakes if you’re one of those people that like it on a hot “5” on a scale from 1 to 5!
This Recipe Is Versatile. Use Veggies Of Your Choice!
We used brussels sprouts, broccoli and carrots and stir fried them up for 2 minutes. The key to making the veggies taste so amazing is to let them steam just a bit with a couple tablespoons of water after you have stir fried them, for another 2 minutes to soften them up just a tad.
Then add this really easy soy sauce recipe. Toss those noodles with the veggies to get the tastiest Lo Mein in a matter of minutes! Voila! Success and yumminess!
As for the noodles, you can use just about any eggless noodles. We used Soba noodles, made of buckwheat flour and wheat flour. They have a hearty, nutty flavor. They contain all eight essential amino acids, along with antioxidants and other nutrients. But other noodles you could use, would be lo mein noodles, ramen, vermicelli or spaghetti.
MAKE IT GLUTEN FREE: If you are sensitive to gluten, choose 100% buckwheat soba noodles, rice noodles or substitute your favorite gluten-free spaghetti.
Use whatever veggies you have in your fridge. Mushrooms, sugar snap peas, bok choy, cabbage, peppers, spinach, onions, green scallions and edamame are just some of the more popular veggies you can use.
Let’s get this Lo Mein on the burner baby!
Quick & Easy Vegetable Lo Mein
Quick & Easy Lo Mein
- 4 –6 ounces uncooked soba noodles or noodles of choice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or oil of choice
- 3 cups julienne cut or chopped vegetables we used broccoli, brussel sprouts and carrots
- Optional: 1 1/2 Tablespoons minced garlic add to veggies when stir frying
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce or soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional additions to sauce for additional flavor layers: 1 teaspoon sriracha 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon hoison sauce, 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- In a large pot of boiling water, make sure you cook noodles according to package instructions and drain well when done. (See soba noodle tips below)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Add broccoli, brussel sprouts and carrots.
- Cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of water and minced garlic (if using). Continue cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in soba noodles and soy sauce mixture, and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
After pouring the noodles into a colander, transfer them to a bowl of cold water and whirl them around. Or simply rinse them under running water. Keep them moving in or under water for a minute or so to remove the excess starch that creates that gummy texture.
Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 564mg | Potassium: 244mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 425IU | Vitamin C: 61mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.