These oatmeal date banana bars have no flour, added sugar, or oil! This makes for a healthy, delicious recipe that we can enjoy, guilt-free.
These yummy, gooey, and filling bars are so easy to make quickly. They’ll easily help you power through your morning as they’re packed with energy-providing amino acids (yay flax!), protein, fiber, and essential vitamins.
Dates are the star of this dish. They help bind the bars together and add a gooey sweetness.
Nutritious Benefits of Dates
Dates are a true fruit superfood. They’re loaded with:
- dietary fiber
- antioxidants: tannins, beta-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin
- vitamin A
- vitamin B complex
- vitamin K
It’s no wonder why middle-eastern countries rely on dates as a staple-food in their everyday diets. They have healing properties, provide energy, and taste so good!
Do yourself a favor, go get some dates and try this recipe for yourself. Your mind and body will thank you!
Sweet & Healthy Oatmeal Date Banana Bars
- food processor
- 2 bananas ripe
- 12 oz pitted dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional) non-dairy! dark is preferred
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Combine 2 bananas, 12 oz. dates, and 1 tsp vanilla in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix well with a large fork or spoon.
- Smooth the mixture into a greased glass baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Oatmeal Date Banana Bars Shopping List
We absolute love to make desserts! Here is a link to our other dessert recipes.
This post contains affiliate links. These links help us out by giving us a small cut of each sale generated through them. They cost you absolutely nothing extra. We thank you so much if you order through our links! 🙂