As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Ultimate Vegan Vanilla Cake (Simple & Elegant) is one of the easiest cakes to make. From the super moist vanilla cake slices to the dreamy creamy, fragrant vanilla frosting on top, it’s a complete lovely one layer naked cake.
Not over the top, just simple and elegant.
Which also means, you don’t have to do anything too fancy to the cake, and it will be just gorgeous as is.
But, (there’s always a but, LOL) you could easily add some seasonal fruit, some fresh flowers, candies, sprinkles, nuts, candles or anything at all for special occasions like birthdays and holidays.
This cake is like the easiest vanilla cake I’ve ever made and even better that it’s vegan. Who would have thought? The ingredients are so basic, yet there are no eggs and no dairy! Hallelujah!
This 8 ingredient cake has flour, sugar, olive oil & almond milk -for added moisture, baking soda, salt, vinegar and lastly and most importantly, vanilla! This cake has also been deemed Crazy Cake, Wacky Cake, and some call it Depression Cake!
It was popular to make cakes like this during the Depression-era when eggs, butter, and milk were scarce. It’s also a very affordable cake to make from scratch as well. It’s even good without frosting, because of its’ moist texture.
Crazy Cake is a great option for those who have food allergies or follow a vegan diet.
The frosting is super creamy and it smells ‘vanilla’ wonderful. It’s also amazing just for dipping strawberries into, as we found out! Ultimate Vegan Vanilla Cake (Simple & Elegant) is truly the best!
More vegan cake ideas?
Ultimate Vegan Vanilla Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour the tube pan and set aside.
Vegan Vanilla Cake
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until cake is light golden brown, then remove from oven.
- Allow the cake to sit on the wire cooling rack for ten minutes. Use a knife and loosen the cake.
- Using pot holders, hold the cake plate in place with one hand. Carefully, but quickly turn the tube cake upside down onto a cake plate with the other hand. Depending what side you want up on your cake, you can place another plate on top and reverse.
- Let cake continue to cool.
- If your frosting is still a little thin, add more powdered sugar, if it’s a little thick, add more milk. The consistency must be thick enough that it doesn’t slide off the cake, but thin enough to be spreadable.
- When your cake is completely cool, add frosting to the sides of the cake using an offset spatula, like light crumb coat, very thin layer of frosting, then frost the top with a nice layer of frosting.
- Decorate as needed. Best to decorate before serving.
Slightly adapted from Lovin’ It Vegan
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.