Eating this Vegan baked oatmeal will help you start the day with a bright and happy mood. It’s chocolately, peanut-buttery, packed with all kinds of energy-producing nutrients, and it’s delicious!
This oatmeal is loaded with these awesome ingredients that our bodies crave:
- Bananas – High in vitamin B6, fiber, potassium, reduce risk of cancer, and help sleep quality.
- Flaxseed – Great source of fiber, omega-3 essential fatty acids, reduces risk of breast and prostate cancers.
- Natural Peanut Butter – High in fiber, protein, vitamin E, folate, niacin, thiamin, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous and copper.
- Organic Brown Sugar – Boosts energy levels, prevents cold, treats uterine , improves , reduces , and aids in weight loss.
- Vanilla Extract – Antibacterial benefits, high in antioxidants, antidepressant qualities, high in magnesium and potassium.
- Cinnamon – Medicinal properties that are loaded with antioxidants, reduces inflammation, reduces risk of heart disease, improves insulin hormone sensitivity, anti-diabetic properties, reduces risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases, protects against cancer, and fights infections.
- Cocoa Powder – High in antioxidants, lowers blood pressure, lowers risk of heart attack and stroke, improves blood flow to the brain, boosts mood, improves diabetes symptoms, aids in weight-control, helps protect against cancers, aids with asthma, and stimulates the immune system.
- Oats – Loaded with vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, fiber, lower cholesterol, improve blood sugar control, is “filling” – making you feel full if you’re trying to lose weight, improves skin, decreases risk of childhood asthma, and relieves constipation.
There are Amazon affiliate links on this page.
Pour some non-dairy milk to cool it off and make it creamy!
Top it off with nuts and berries! So delicious!
Vegan Baked Oatmeal with Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Banana
- 3 bananas ripe
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups non-dairy milk unsweetened
- 3 cups rolled or steel-cut oats
- Make your flax egg by stirring together 1 tbsp ground flaxseed with 2.5 tbsp water. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl mash 3 ripe bananas with a fork. Add the flax egg, 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/3 cup cocoa powder. Whisk until smooth (it's ok to have small chunks of banana).
- Add 2 cups of non-dairy milk and whisk again until smooth. Then stir in 3 cups of rolled or steel-cut oats.
- Lightly grease a baking dish and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes (45 minutes for steel-cut oats).
- Serve the oatmeal hot, and top it off with things like non-dairy milk and your favorite nuts and berries!
Vegan Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Alternative Recipes
We’ve got other delicious Vegan breakfast options right here: https://dailyveganmeal.com/vegan-breakfast-recipes/.