As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These gratifying, hearty Vegan Carrot Muffins are a cozy way to start out your mornings. Make them ahead of time and enjoy them to your heart’s content when you want a quick breakfast on the run or for a healthy afternoon snack for the kids.
These Vegan Carrot Muffins are fluffy, moist and delicious. Just like carrot cake, you can add in pecans or walnuts, raisins, dried currants, chocolate chips or coconut to give them some extra texture.
Whole-wheat flour will make them even healthier, if that’s a ‘healthy’ goal for your New Year’s resolution. We also really like this King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour. It tastes like all-purpose flour, but is a lot healthier. You can also make them more lightened-up by not adding a vanilla glaze on top, but I like a little sweetness, so I love me some vanilla glaze on top. YUM!
By drizzling some vanilla glaze on top you make these sweet treat dessert muffins and you can also control how much glaze you want on top!
Once the carrots are finely shredded, this recipe is so easy to throw together. One large bowl and no mixer and most importantly, when mixing the batter, mix it until it is just combined. When you over-mix the batter, the air bubbles collapse and ruins the fluffy texture. This is the golden rule when making most quick breads and muffins.
Also, after removing the muffins from the oven, give them a couple minutes to cool off a little, and then remove them and transfer to a cooling rack. Otherwise, they will continue to bake which may dry the muffins out.
Enjoy these lightly spiced carrot muffins that the whole family will love for breakfast or as a snack anytime of the day. You might also enjoy these Vegan Apple Fritter Muffins, One Bowl Pineapple Muffins, Chocolatey Vegan Pumpkin Muffins too!
Vegan Carrot Muffins
Vegan Carrot Muffins
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce or 2-3 bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or ¾ to 1 cup brown or granulated sugar
- 1 flax egg
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter melted or you can use olive oil, or oil of choice or 6 tablespoons of your favorite nut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose-flour or whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour 1 for 1
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup carrots finely shredded or grated, 2-3 carrots
- 1/2 cup of your favorite mix-ins raisins pecans, walnuts, or chocolate chips, or coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or spray tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fold in the shredded carrots and any of your add-ins and mix until just combined without overmixing. Overmixing makes them chewy.
- Using an ice cream scooper, divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups and bake 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove muffins from tins shortly after baked and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To store, seal at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.