Have the kids help make these Vegan cinnamon donuts, even if the result doesn’t look exactly how you had in mind! For us it’s so fun to let our little ones cook with us. They enjoy being involved and tasting something that they helped with.
Our daughter wanted ‘plain’ donuts, so we settled on cinnamon donuts made with applesauce. She wanted color so we added some sprinkles to the batter and then topped them with cinnamon and sugar for some added sweetness.
They actually turned out really good and were fun to make!
Cinnamon Sugar Vegan Donuts
- Donut Pan
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp apple sauce
- 1 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter
- Mix all dry ingredients for the batter.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add wet ingredients into the batter and mix with a large spoon. Do not over-mix, or donuts could get chewy.
- Optional: We topped the donuts with sprinkles at this step, for the kids.
- Distribute the the batter with a spoon (or use a piping bag) onto your greased donut pan.
- Cook in the oven for 9-10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let them rest in the donut pan for 5 minutes.
- Take the donuts out of the donut pan and let them cool for 5 more minutes.
- Melt the vegan butter in a bowl, and mix the cinnamon and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Dip the donuts into the melted butter, and then dip them into the cinnamon sugar mixture. You can eat them right away. Enjoy!
We’ve also got another superb Vegan donut recipe for you to try: Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Donuts.
Vegan Cinnamon Donuts Shopping List
This post contains affiliate links. These links help us out by giving us a small cut of each sale generated through them. They cost you absolutely nothing extra. We thank you so much if you order through our links! 🙂