As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Vegan Creamy Alfredo Broccoli Pasta is super simple to whip up in less than 30 minutes from start to finish. It’s the perfect main or side dish for those busy weeknights. Definitely comforting and satisfying!
It’s a pretty basic alfredo, but it’s veganized completely and it tastes amazing! The kids won’t even turn this down, even with the broccoli in it, which ultimately balances out the dish to make it more vegetable-friendly. Yay!
You can add any steamed or frozen veggies in to make your own version.
Simply add some roasted red pepper, peas, mushrooms, fresh spinach, roasted zucchini or whatever your little heart desires or any veggies that you need to use up. Then you’ll have more of a Pasta Primavera and it’s all good!
For more pasta dishes, enjoy this Vegan Spaghetti and Meat Sauce, Vegan Pasta Primavera, Best Ever Easy Vegan Macaroni & Cheese and these 18 Best Vegan Mac and Cheese Recipes You’ll Definitely Want to Mac on!
VEGAN CREAMY ALFREDO BROCCOLI PASTA
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter or olive oil
- 4-5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- Optional: 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast can also use vegan parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: Squeeze of lemon
- 12 oz. pasta
- 12 oz. broccoli florets about 3 cups
- Cook your pasta according to package. Steam broccoli using your preferred method. If you like you can cook your broccoli with the pasta by adding the broccoli to the cooking pasta 3 minutes before pasta is done. (make sure you add extra water if you cook the broccoli with the pasta. Broccoli should be bright green. Set aside while you cook the alfredo sauce.
- Add in garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and squeeze of lemon.
- Turn heat to medium low and cook another 8 minutes until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and add nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan.
- Adjust consistency with additional milk if needed.
- Stir until well incorporated and taste for flavor adding more salt or garlic/onion powder as needed.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.