As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We found this Vegan french toast recipe at holycowvegan.net. It’s just so amazing that we had to share it! Vaishali over at holycowvegan.net has some amazing recipes. We highly recommend to check her site out!
We tried a couple of times to make Vegan french toast and failed. It always turned out too soggy. This recipe works so well and doesn’t create a soggy mess. We really loved the candied walnut topping too, it brings everything together perfectly.
Ingredients needed for the BEST Vegan french toast casserole
Loaf of French Bread
Non-Dairy Milk (bulk)
The Best Vegan French Toast
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 banana very ripe
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (if you only have roasted cashews, you can boil them for 20 minutes)
- 3 cups oat milk or your favorite non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 2 tbsp aquafaba liquid from can of chickpeas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Coat a baking pan with cooking spray or vegan butter.
- Slice bread loaf into 16 pieces, and arrange on baking pan. Layer them like tiles on a roof.
- Pour mixture over bread. Try to make sure all bread gets coated. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- After bread mixture has rested for 15 minutes, top the bread with the walnut topping. Distribute evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Top french toast with syrup if you like (it's plenty good without it) and enjoy!
We’ve got other breakfast recipes for you here!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on our links and make a purchase we get a small cut of a sale, at no extra cost to you. We’re very grateful if you do purchase through our links. Thank you!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.