As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I always loved jalapeno poppers from fast food joints when I was younger, long before I became Vegan. I hadn’t had any jalapeno poppers for quite a while, and I definitely never had the pleasure of Vegan Jalapeno Poppers. I decided to recreate them, vegan-style of course! I eat much healthier now than I used to when I was younger, so I made them pretty healthy. Jalapenos have some awesome health benefits!
When you bite into these poppers you get that creamy filling surrounded by the spicy, delicious jalapeno. It’s an amazing comfort food. It’s perfect for an appetizer, parties, or just a side dish. I wouldn’t blame you if you just ate them on their own for a meal (haha, because I did)!
I ate half of these with dinner, and then finished the rest the next day for lunch! You know, I think they tasted even better the next day. To serve them as leftovers I simply put them in the oven at 350F for about 5 minutes. They were so good.
Vegan Jalapeno Poppers Recommended Dishes To Pair With
Here are a few recipes that Vegan jalapeno poppers would go great with:
- Amazingly Simple Vegan Mac & Cheese
- Vegan Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Delicious 30-Minute Vegan Tempeh Tacos
Vegan Jalapeno Poppers with Blackberry Dipping Sauce
- 5 medium-large jalapenos (cut in half lengthwise with seeds removed)
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed (+⅓ cup water to make flax eggs)
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbsp Vegan mayonnaise (we used "Best Foods" brand)
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flour (we used whole wheat, but you can use whatever kind you prefer)
- 1½ cups bread crumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- In a small-medium bowl combine 2 Tbsp ground flax with ⅓ cup water. Stir it briefly and set it aside.
- Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise and spoon out the seeds.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put ½ cup of flour into a 3rd medium-sized bowl.
- Put 1½ cups of bread crumbs into a 4th medium-sized bowl. Stir in 1 tsp paprika, and salt & pepper to taste.
Putting The Poppers Together
- Dip jalapenos into the avocado sauce and make sure the center is filled fully. If they're coated all the way around the flour will stick well in the next step.
- Coat jalapenos with the flour.
- Coat jalapenos with the flax eggs.
- Coat jalapenos with the bread crumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
Blackberry Dipping Sauce
- Add in ½ tsp of corn starch and stir well and cook for another 2 minutes until it thickens a bit.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.