Vegan Pad Thai
A delicious version of pad thai, made for vegans!
Servings: 4 People
- 8 oz Rice Noodles
- 2 cups Chopped Broccoli
- 4 oz Sliced Mushrooms we prefer shiitake and/or oyster
- 3/4 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts
- Fresh Cilantro
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil or other oil works fine too
- 1 Green Onion chopped
- 1 Red Chile Pepper chopped small
- 2/3 cup Bangkok Peanut Dipping Sauce or similar Pad Thai Sauce (without fish sauce!)
- 1/3 cup Crush Peanuts we used raw unsalted - crush with a spoon in a ziploc bag
- 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
Cook rice noodles according to package. We soaked ours in hot tap water for 25 minutes.
Drain and set aside.
In a wok or large skillet add 1 tbsp sesame oil and turn heat to low-medium.
Add garlic and red chile pepper, cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add broccoli and carrots, cook for 2-3 minutes more.
Add mushrooms and cook for another minute.
Add rice noodles, green onion, and bean sprouts with the vegetables.
Turn heat to low and stir in Peanut Dipping Sauce (or similar pad thai sauce), 1 more tbsp sesame oil, and 1 tbsp soy sauce.
Cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes stirring often.
Remove from heat..
On plates top the pad thai with crushed peanuts, cilantro, and squeezed lime juice.