Hearts of Palm Hoagie
A vegan replacement to the popular Maine Lobster Roll. Simple and refreshing!
- 1 can 14 oz. Hearts of Palm salad cut (if you get large pieces cut them to about 1/2" thick)
- 2-3 Hoagie Rolls you can use hot dog buns if you like
- 2 sticks Celery
- 1/2 Green onion sliced small
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 4-5 leaves Fresh basil optional
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Vegan mayo
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Fresh spinach, tomatoes, shredded carrots optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil or vegan butter
Drain hearts of palm and put in large bowl. Add all other ingredients to the large bowl (except the optional fresh spinach, tomatoes, and shredded carrots). Mix together well. Place bowl in refrigerator. Heat pan or griddle to medium, and add oil or butter. After a minute or so open the hoagie rolls and heat them upside down for a few minutes until they start to brown.
If using spinach and tomato, you can add a layer of spinach onto the bottom of the hoagie roll, then put tomato on. Next add your hearts of palm salad mixture. If using shredded carrots you can add them on top. Enjoy!