Are you ready for some AMAZING Vegan Mac and Cheese? We know you are! This recipe is really quick and easy, and best of all it’s absolutely delicious! We’ve tried so many mac and cheese recipes, and this creation of ours is hands-down our all-time favorite. It’s pure LIQUID GOLD.
Nutritional yeast is the bomb, but you don’t even need it for this recipe! Also no need for expensive cashews, time-draining boiled potatoes or carrots. You can make this awesome Vegan Mac and Cheese with pretty usual household ingredients, all within 20 minutes.
It’s Super Easy To Make this Vegan Mac and Cheese
Along with being a quick recipe it’s also really easy to put together! To make it we cook our pasta as usual. While the pasta cooks we make our sauce by heating Vegan butter and garlic, then we stir in the flour, and gradually add in our Vegan milk (with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice in it). We whisk constantly as we gradually add the milk. Once it’s all added, then we add in our spices and Vegan mayo. Stir it up and let it simmer a few minutes, then combine it with the pasta. Presto!
Please let us know how it turns out for you!
If you’re feeling extra generous and proud to be Vegan then hook yourself up (and your friends!) with these awesome Vegan t-shirts!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We should also mention that it tastes so good as leftovers! Many mac n cheeses lose their flavor and texture reheated, but never fear, this one is really tasty the next day!
Vegan Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb pasta shells
- 3 Tbsp Vegan butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (cashew, oat, or soy milk might work well too!)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (or 1 tsp lemon juice)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 0.5 tsp ground turmeric
- 0.5 tsp lemon pepper
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- 0.5 tsp ground sage (optional)
- dash cayenne powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup Vegan mayonnaise
- Add 1 tsp apple cider vinegar to 2 cups of almond milk. Give it a quick stir and set it aside.
- Cook your pasta according to its directions.
- While the pasta cooks, get a large pan heated up on medium. Add 3 Tbsp Vegan butter. Once it's melted and bubbly, add 2 cloves garlic and stir it quickly. Cook for about 1 minute, taking care not to burn it.
- Add 3 Tbsp flour into the butter and garlic. Whisk it well for about 1 minute.
- Add the almond milk into the pan, roughly 1/4 cup at a time. Whisk constantly to get the clumps out. Wait about 30 seconds before each milk addition. After all milk is added turn heat to low.
- Add 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 0.5 tsp ginger, 0.5 tsp turmeric, 0.5 tsp lemon pepper, 0.5 tsp salt, 0.5 tsp sage, dash of cayenne, and 1/4 cup Vegan mayo. Stir well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta into the sauce and stir it up. Then dig in!
We were inspired to create this recipe from the Minimalist Baker. Her content and recipes are so amazing. We were inspired from her 30 Minute Vegan Alfredo Sauce.