This Vegan eggplant rollatini was seriously delicious. It is not the easiest recipe, but if you want to make a vegan dish that is a little bit on the fancy side, you won’t be disappointed with this one!
This recipe is inspired from ThisSavoryVegan.com. Definitely check out their awesome site!
Vegan Eggplant Rollatini
- 1 eggplant use more than 1 eggplant if they are small
- olive oil
- sea salt & pepper
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup hummus make your own if you're up for it!
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- sea salt & pepper to taste
For the Baking Dish
- 3-4 cups marinara
- vegan parmesan to sprinkle on top
- fresh parsley or basil to top with
- Slice eggplant into long 1/2" thick pieces. Make them as wide as possible. You can leave the skin on!
- Heat griddle or large pan to medium heat and add olive oil.
- Cook eggplant slices for a few minutes until they soften up and can bend easily. Then flip them and cook for another couple of minutes. Do them in batches and add olive oil to griddle or pan in between batches. Remove them from heat and set aside.
- Chop cauliflower into florets and add to food processor. Pulse cauliflower until it is about as small as rice, it shouldn't take long.
- Add 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, 3 cloves garlic, and basil (leave some leaves for topping at the end). Pulse in the food processor until everything is mixed well, but leave some texture.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add cauliflower mixture and saute for 2 minutes stirring often.
- Add these to the pan with the cauliflower mixture: 1/4 cup hummus, 2 tbsp vegan parmesan, 2 cups spinach, juice from 1/2 lemon, 2 tsp italian seasoning, and sea salt & pepper to taste. Stir and saute for 4-5 minutes until the spinach is has wilted. Then remove from heat.
For the Baking Dish
- In a large glass pan add 3-4 cups of marinara and spread it evenly.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put an eggplant slice on a plate and spoon the filling onto the top. With your fingers roll the eggplant all the way, and then place it into the marinara on the baking dish. The first couple may be tricky, but it gets easy after that. For pieces with skin, lay them with skin side up and spoon the filling onto the skin.
- Any leftover filling mixture you can spoon it onto the top of the rolled eggplants. Think of it like a vegan lump crab meat mixture on top 😀
- Bake uncovered for 15-17 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle parmesan on top, then put back in the oven for 2 minutes. Remove and top with fresh basil/parsley. Serve and enjoy!
Vegan Eggplant Rollatini Shopping List
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Vegan Parmesan
- Italian Seasoning
- Baking Dish
Check out our other Italian recipes!
This post contains affiliate links. These links help us out by giving us a small cut of each sale generated through them. They cost you absolutely nothing extra. We thank you so much if you order through our links! 🙂