As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a ridiculously good Vegan loaf of dessert bread. I’ve been attempting to make some sweet dessert recipes without sugar, and this one fits that bill. It’s sweetened with molasses and pure maple syrup.
Flax seed is really an awesome ingredient. We use it as a binder in this recipe, along with the applesauce and pumpkin. What I really love about ground flax are the health benefits it provides. Dr. Greger from nutritionfacts.org includes it in his Daily Dozen.
So this loaf is loaded with the flax that your body loves. It’s also got spices like ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon which give it a great “spice cake” flavor. This spice cake flavor mixed with the pumpkin and applesauce makes for a really nice combination. The bread will be nice and moist.
I’d classify this as an easy recipe. To make it we mix our flax with water, and our milk with apple cider vinegar, then we let them sit separately for 5 minutes. Then we mix our dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately before combining it all together. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan (we greased it with coconut oil), and bake it for 60 minutes at 350 degrees. We let the loaf sit for about 20 minutes before we popped it out of the pan. It came out super easily and cleanly.
Vegan Loaf with Spiced Pumpkin and Applesauce
- Loaf Pan 9" x 5"
- In a small bowl stir in 3 tbsp ground flax into 1/3 cup water. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of non-dairy milk. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let the bread rest in its loaf pan for at least 20 minutes before trying to take it out.
You could use the icing from our Vegan sugar cookies recipe for this bread. We did just that, and it tasted out of this world!
Vegan Loaf Amazon Shopping List
These are affiliate links.
- Cooking Supplies
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.