You won’t be able to resist these soft & easy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies! They are not only thick and chewy delicious, they’re also packed full of peanut butter flavor!
These PB cookies are very easy to make and do not require any chilling. You can whip these all up in one bowl, using a mixer or by hand using a wooden spoon. We prefer to use a mixer as the dough will be thick, but if you want a work-out, you are more than welcome.
There are no eggs and no dairy. We used almond milk and there is no butter, just peanut butter, flour, sugar, almond milk, vanilla, baking soda and salt. 7 Ingredients in all, with ingredients most likely already in your kitchen.
If you want these cookies crispier, just bake them a couple of minutes more. You can even dip them in some vegan (dark) chocolate or give them a robust sprinkling of sugar. YUM!
Use about 1/4 cup less sugar if you want less sweet cookies, but on a personal note think it takes away from the peanut butter taste, but maybe it’s because I have a sweet tooth.
You must have these in your cookie jar. Everyone needs a peanut butter cookie recipe in their “recipe repertoire”, and these Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies will surely make the family happy when you want a really quick, fast treat. Great for gifting and awesome for snacking.
Check out our Soft Vegan Sugar Cookies for another traditional cookie favorite!
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter, most peanut butters are vegan, but check label to make sure. creamy, crunch, natural (or almond butter, or if allergic to nuts, use sunbutter instead)
- 1 cup sugar can use coconut sugar or healthy sugar substitute like Lakanto
- ⅓ cup almond milk room temp (if cold, put in microwave for 15-20 seconds to bring to room temp if you don't want to wait.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or 1–1 gluten free flour, like Bob's Red Mill
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For Chocolate Dipped
- 1 ½ cups vegan chocolate chips We used, Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks or Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, in a large bowl, add peanut butter and sugar and mix until creamy.
- Mix in the almond milk and vanilla until incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and continue mixing until mixed well. Dough will be thick..
- Using a medium scoop (1.5 tablespoons) scoop out cookie dough mounds onto baking sheet and place the mounds of dough about 2 1/2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Using the back of a fork, use a fork to flatten down as thick as you would like them.
- Optional: Sprinkle with sugar
- Bake: Place in the oven and bake for 10 – 12 minutes, baking 13-14 minutes will give you a crisper cookie.
- Let cool a few minutes, then transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
- Store: Cookies can be stored in an airtight up to a week at room temperature. To keep longer, store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To freeze: Let cookies cool completely, store in freezer safe container up to 2 months.
For Chocolate Dipped:
- Once cookies are cooled, melt vegan chocolate chips or chunks in microwaveable bowl and microwave every 30 seconds and stir and repeat 30 seconds and stirring, until melted. Approx 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- Dip one of the sides of the cookie into the chocolate and place on parchment paper for chocolate to set.
Recipe slightly adapted from The Simple Veganista
Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies Amazon Shopping List
These are Amazon affiliate links.
- Cooking Supplies