As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These cookies didn’t last very long in our house because we couldn’t stop eating them! They’re soft and absolutely delicious. We modified these just slightly from the Minimalist Baker, one of our most favorite food blogs.
They’re fairly easy to make. We simply make a flax egg, and cream together the wet ingredients. Then we mix the dry ingredients together before adding them to the wet ingredients.
We stir it together, and chill the dough for at least 15 minutes. Then we roll some cookie balls in our hands and bake them for 10-12 minutes.
Simple Vegan Vanilla Icing
We’ve included a simple vanilla Vegan icing to put on the cookies at the end of the recipe for your pleasure 🙂 If you’re adding sprinkles, be careful to make sure they’re Vegan like these here.
Some Sugar is not Vegan!
We’ve found out that a lot of sugar is actually not Vegan, because it uses bone char in the processing. This article from PETA explains it well: https://www.peta.org/living/food/is-sugar-vegan/. Make sure to always buy your sugars organic to avoid the use of bone char. Here are some good options:
Our daughter couldn’t wait to get her hands on these!
They’re delicious dipped in coconut milk too!
Soft Vegan Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup Vegan butter
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp flax meal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 & 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp non-dairy milk
- In a small bowl stir together 1.5 tbsp ground flax and 2.5 tbsp water. Let it sit for 5 minutes. This will be our "flax egg" and serve as a binder.
- In a large bowl cream 1/2 cup butter. Then add the "flax egg" mixture, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla. Beat until creamy.
- In a medium bowl stir together these dry ingredients: 1.75 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tbsp corn starch, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and add 1 tbsp non-dairy milk. Stir together with a spoon or spatula until combined. Take care to not over-mix. The dough should feel fairly wet.
- Put the dough into the medium bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put parchment paper on a cookie pan. Roll balls (slightly smaller than a golf ball) and place them onto the parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will be very soft coming out, but they will firm up to the perfect texture after cooling for 10-15 minutes.
- 1/2 cup Vegan butter
- 1.5 cups organic powdered sugar
Soft Vegan Sugar Cookies Shopping List
- Cooking Supplies
We’ve got more dessert recipes for you here!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
[…] for you to make them AGAIN! You’ll see!! For a vegan option, check out these yummy Soft and delicious vegan sugar cookies. They taste great plain. They’re also perfect for decorating with icing and sprinkles for the […]