As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When you’re craving chocolate, bake up some of these soft batch fudgy double chocolate cookies using cocoa powder and chocolate chips! Easy and quick to make! You know you want some!
These chocolate bombs are the perfect compliment to your ‘chocolate cravings’ come true!
We are starting to getting close to the time of year cookies are at their peak! So, if you want to get a head start on recipes you’d love to bake or when the chocolate cravings start pinging at you, bookmark these puppies for later!
These are perfect for gifting and cookie exchanges for sure.
And did we mention, they ARE vegan?
There are no eggs, no dairy and if it matters, no one needs to know they’re vegan. But I can’t resist telling people they are vegan, just to get their reaction! They are like OMGoodness, seriously??
It’s not as hard to cook and bake vegan, because these days there are plenty of butter, egg, dairy substitutes out there to help you along the way!
Our secret ingredient to replace the egg in these cookies is applesauce! It’s the perfect ingredient when baking cookies, quick breads and cakes for most recipes, if you just give it a try. 1/4 cup applesauce is equivalent to 1 egg.
Regardless, you need some Double Chocolate Cookies right now…for more cookie ideas, you’ll love our Vegan Sugar Cookie Party Bars, Classic No-Bake Cookies, Soft & Sublime Vegan Lemon Cookies With Lemon Icing and these Soft Vegan Sugar Cookies!
Best Vegan Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder For more more intense chocolate flavor, add 3 more tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, otherwise they will be more like milk chocolate flavor as is. (can also add 1-2 teaspoons espresso powder.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons pure chocolate or vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour or gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or chunks + some for top of cookies Add more if you wish, these cookies are chocolatey.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet (s) with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, cream butter until light and creamy for 2 minutes.
- Scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking pan using a tablespoon (small scoop) or 1 1/2 tablespoon (medium scoop) depending on size you wish to have. Leave room for the cookies to spread slightly. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. Gooier for 8 minutes. Cookies should be starting to firm up but still soft in the middle. Bake longer if you want more done cookies and if larger as well.
- Let cookies set on cookie tray for a couple of minutes before removing them to cool completely on a wire rack.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.