As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These vegan snickerdoodles are sure to get everyone’s attention when seeking soft and thick snickerdoodles stuffed with creamy caramels . How could anyone resist these gooey, chewy bites of caramel and cinnamon cookie love? Such a sweet surprise inside! A seriously favorite cookie everyone revels in!
Fortunately, these are vegan so you don’t have to miss out on all the fun! Vegan caramels are so irresistible and decadent. That’s why they’re so fun stuffed inside cookies. They are the perfect cookies for all of the holiday fun during the fall and winter seasons!
Who’s ready to bake some cookies??
To get the caramel inside the cookies, stuff them inside your cookie dough balls before baking. We used a medium scoop to scoop the dough, which is 1 & 1/2 tablespoons, heaping a bit to make 2 tablespoons worth.
Simply stick a caramel in the middle of your cookie dough ball and fold dough around it to make the perfect circle dough ball. If you caramels are large, cut them in half for use.
More Caramel Info
You can find lots of vegan caramels on Etsy or Amazon and you can also make them ahead of time using a home-made caramel recipe. Other caramel recipes you might like include these Cashew Cream Caramels, these Dairy free Coconut Caramels or How to Make Microwave Vegan Caramel.
If you don’t want to add caramels and want straight up snickerdoodles, just omit the caramels or stuff it with whatever candy you want!
Either way you make them, everyone is gonna be happy campers!
BTW…Did you see our last cookie recipe? These Best Vegan Double Chocolate Cookies are super yummy and also perfect for the holiday seasons with our Snickerdoodles!
Let the baking begin!
Caramel Stuffed Snickerdoodles
- 1 cup vegan butter room temperature (we used earth balance)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce or flax egg 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 caramels we used Cocomels Caramels or Avenue Sweets would be good unless you make your own.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- If using flax egg, combine ground flaxseed and water in a small bowl and set aside to thicken for 5-10 minutes.
- The dough will be quite thick and not too wet or dry and roll the dough in balls or use a medium cookie scoop, about 2 tablespoons.
- Flatten each ball of dough with the palm of your hand. Place a caramel in the middle of your cookie dough ball and fold dough around it to make the perfect circle dough ball. If you caramels are large, cut them in half for use. Make sure there are no gaps in the cookie dough when you place each ball into cinnamon sugar.
- Place on baking sheets and bake for 11 minutes. The cookies will be very soft. Let them cool for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Transfer to sealed container. Will keep up to one week, do not refrigerate.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.