Vegan rhubarb cookies are not that common, but they should be! One of my favorite foods of all time is rhubarb. It’s so unique and delicious. It’s tart by itself, but when rhubarb’s mixed with sugar it’s such a wonderful combination.
These vegan rhubarb cookies are sensational! They’re delicious, soft, and light. The light blast of lemon really goes well with the overall flavor of them too.
Rhubarb is a very nutritious food. It’s high in fiber, protein, vitamin C, vitamin K, B complex vitamins, calcium, potassium, magnesium, beta-carotene, antioxidants, lutein, and zeaxanthin.
We found this recipe at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks and converted it to a vegan recipe. They’re so simple to make. Thank you for the delicious recipe, Hezzi-D!
Vegan Rhubarb Lemon Cookies
- 1.5 cups rhubarb chopped (thaw if frozen)
- 3/4 cup vegan butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg replacement (egg replacer, flax egg, applesauce, etc.)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 zest of a lemon
- 2 tbsp juice of lemon
- In a large bowl cream 3/4 cup vegan butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup sugar.
- In a separate medium bowl mix 2 cups flour, 1 tbsp baking powder, and 1 tsp salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add 1 egg replacement (we like "egg replacer"), and stir well.
- Stir in lemon zest, 2 tbsp lemon juice, and chopped rhubarb.
- Drop clumps of dough onto baking pan with a spoon, and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes (until they just start to turn light brown).
Vegan Lemon Rhubarb Cookies Shopping List
Please support us by ordering through our affiliate links (no extra cost to you!)
- Brown Sugar
- Vegan Butter (bulk)
- Egg Replacer (bulk)
- Baking Powder
- Grater for Lemon Zest
- Juice Squeezer
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet