As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We found these Vegan Swedish meatballs so comforting. We were quite pleased with how this dish turned out! The sauce is so buttery and creamy, with a very delicious flavor that you’ll absolutely love!
We really appreciate how this recipe is made in just 30 minutes. It’s not too difficult to make. We put the ingredients for the meatballs in the food processor, then roll them into balls, and brown them quickly in a pan. Then we make a roux, and add the rest of the sauce ingredients to let it simmer for about 10 minutes. That’s it!
If you don’t have tempeh, or any of the meatball ingredients, you could simply use some pre-made Vegan meatballs or sausages. We think it’d go good with mushrooms instead of the meatballs too.
After your meatballs are done, serve them over noodles or rice or as a side for a fantastic comfort food you’ll want to make over and over again!
This recipe is perfect for any night, especially busy nights. It is really good as leftovers as well or make it ahead of time to get head of the game. It should keep well for at least a few days in the refrigerator.
For more comforting dishes, you’ll love this Creamy & Flavorful 15-Minute Vegan Sauce for Pasta or Rice, these 18 Best Vegan Mac and Cheese Recipes You’ll Definitely Want to Mac on, and definitely this Vegan Eggplant Rollatini!
Vegan Swedish Meatballs
For Swedish Meatballs
- 8 oz. tempeh
- 2 tbsp flax +3 tbsp water (to make flax eggs)
- 1 cup bread crumbs we used Italian bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp olive oil (divided) or grapeseed/avocado oil
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Make the flax eggs by stirring 2 tbsp ground flax with 3 tbsp water in a small bowl. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- In the same pan add 1/4 cup vegan butter. Once it's melted add 1/4 cup flour and stir constantly to make a roux. Once the roux is fully mixed and bubbling add 2 cups vegetable broth, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 cup full fat coconut milk, 2 tsp dijon mustard, and 1 tsp red wine vinegar. Stir often, reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes. Season with salt & pepper to your liking.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and mix with your favorite pasta.
Vegan Swedish Meatballs Shopping List
- Cooking Supplies
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.