We’ve got a nutritious and delicious creamy Vegan soup for you. It’s a quick and easy recipe. The vegetable combination in this soup goes together very well.
If you feel like spicing it up you can add some hot sauce, perhaps sriracha. On the other hand this soup pairs awesomely with other very spicy foods, because it’s mild creaminess will help offset a fire-burning mouth!
To make this soup we heat up the oil, cook the chopped vegetables, then add the spices, garlic, and corn before stirring in the corn starch. Then we add in the broth, milk, nutritional yeast, and flax and simmer for 10 minutes. So simple.
Creamy Vegan Soup
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups non-dairy milk unsweetened
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil or grapeseed oil or avocado oil
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a large pot or tall skillet. Cook the cauliflower, onion, carrots, and celery in the oil for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the garlic, corn, 1 tsp oregano, and 1 tsp thyme, and cook for 1 more minute. Stir in 2 tbsp corn starch and cook for another minute, stirring often.
- Add 2 cups vegetable broth, 2 cups non-dairy milk (unsweetened), 1 tbsp ground flax, and 1 tbsp nutritional yeast. Bring to a boil stirring constantly, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Creamy Vegan Soup Amazon Shopping List
These are Amazon affiliate links.
- Cooking Supplies
How about soup and a sandwich, like our Vegan panini?!