This creamy Vegan pasta turned out fantastic. We all loved this dish, and we’ll make it again!
This recipe is inspired from: https://sunkissedkitchen.com/vegan-one-pot-pasta/. Thank you Sunkissed Kitchen!
- 8 oz. uncooked pasta
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion sliced thinly
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups green beans, ends trimmed (or use a frozen bag of green beans)
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped roughly
- herbs (fresh thyme, basil, Italian parsley or green onions) to garnish
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1/3 cup cashews boiled in water for 20 minutes
- 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt or more, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper to taste
- Soak cashews in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Drain cashews and add them to a blender or food processor. Add 1 can diced tomatoes, 3/4 tsp. sea salt, 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. paprika, 1/4 tsp. dried thyme, and 1/3 tsp. pepper. Blend until very smooth, and set aside.
- In a saucepan add olive oil, onions, and garlic. Saute on medium-high heat until the onions and garlic have begun to brown.
- Add the green beans, and saute until done to your liking, 2-3 minutes. Remove all veggies from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil, and then add pasta and the creamy tomato sauce. Simmer on a low boil for 10-12 minutes until the pasta is still al dente, but the sauce has begun to thicken.
- Add the veggies and sun dried tomatoes in, and toss to coat. Garnish with fresh parsley and/or fresh basil.
Creamy Vegan Pasta Alternative Recipes