As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This creamy Vegan pasta turned out fantastic. We all loved this dish, and we’ll make it again!
This recipe is inspired from: https://sunkissedkitchen.com/vegan-one-pot-pasta/. Thank you Sunkissed Kitchen!
- 8 oz. uncooked pasta
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion sliced thinly
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups green beans, ends trimmed (or use a frozen bag of green beans)
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped roughly
- herbs (fresh thyme, basil, Italian parsley or green onions) to garnish
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1/3 cup cashews boiled in water for 20 minutes
- 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt or more, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper to taste
- Soak cashews in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Drain cashews and add them to a blender or food processor. Add 1 can diced tomatoes, 3/4 tsp. sea salt, 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. paprika, 1/4 tsp. dried thyme, and 1/3 tsp. pepper. Blend until very smooth, and set aside.
- In a saucepan add olive oil, onions, and garlic. Saute on medium-high heat until the onions and garlic have begun to brown.
- Add the green beans, and saute until done to your liking, 2-3 minutes. Remove all veggies from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil, and then add pasta and the creamy tomato sauce. Simmer on a low boil for 10-12 minutes until the pasta is still al dente, but the sauce has begun to thicken.
- Add the veggies and sun dried tomatoes in, and toss to coat. Garnish with fresh parsley and/or fresh basil.
Creamy Vegan Pasta Alternative Recipes
We have other Vegan pasta recipes to check out here too!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.