Need some comfort food? We have you covered. This version of Vegan cheesy pasta is simple to make, and better than more complex versions we’ve tried. We must give a special thanks to DuckSoupKitchen for this recipe, thank you!
To make it a complete meal and add extra flavor, we added a sauteed veggie mixture to it.
Vegan Cheesy Pasta
Vegan Mac & Cheese
- 1 package pasta
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1 small bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 package mushrooms sliced in half
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup corn (we used frozen)
- Tomato Diced
- Boil a pot of salted water for your pasta. Cook pasta according to package. Then drain and set aside.
- In the same pot or in a deep pan, melt 2 tbsp butter on low-medium heat.
- Once butter is melted add 1/4 cup flour and whisk for about 30 seconds. Try to get the clumps out as best you can.
- Add 2 cups non-dairy milk, 1/4 nutritional yeast, 1/2 tsp sea salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Cook on low-medium heat for 5-8 minutes and whisk regularly until the sauce starts to thicken up.
- While the sauce is cooking, in a separate small pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Saute jalapeno, bell peppers, mushrooms, garlic powder, basil, and corn on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Combine pasta with the cheesy sauce and stir it up. Then stir in the sauted veggies and add the diced tomato.