As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For Halloween we created a vegan pumpkin pasta sauce that is so yummy. It’s got a little bit of sweetness from the pumpkin, earthy mushrooms and we added a bit of spiciness to it.
Perfect for fall and winter dishes that will soon be one of your family favorites!
We hope you love it, just like we did!
CHECK OUT MORE DINNER IDEAS HERE!
Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- 1 can pumpkin (1.75 cups)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup oat milk or other non-dairy, non-sweetened milk
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese optional
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 8 oz mushrooms quartered
- 1 tbsp dried marjoram
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- In a deep skillet heat olive oil, and then cook garlic on medium-low for a few minutes, until it starts to turn golden.
- Cut ends off of roma tomatoes and chop in food processor. Then add to garlic mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup vegetable broth, 1 can pumpkin, 1/2 tsp dried sage, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp dried basil, 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, 1/4 oat milk, 1/4 cup vegan parmesan, and 2 tbsp tomato paste. Stir well and simmer on low covered for 30 minutes total.
- Scrape mushrooms and spices from pan into the sauce, and continue to simmer (for 30 minutes total).
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.