As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For Halloween we created a vegan pumpkin pasta sauce that is so yummy. It’s got a little bit of sweetness from the pumpkin, and we added a bit of spiciness to it. We hope you love it, just like we did!
Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- 1 can pumpkin (1.75 cups)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup oat milk or other non-dairy, non-sweetened milk
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese optional
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 8 oz mushrooms quartered
- 1 tbsp dried marjoram
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- In a deep skillet heat olive oil, and then cook garlic on medium-low for a few minutes, until it starts to turn golden.
- Cut ends off of roma tomatoes and chop in food processor. Then add to garlic mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup vegetable broth, 1 can pumpkin, 1/2 tsp dried sage, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp dried basil, 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, 1/4 oat milk, 1/4 cup vegan parmesan, and 2 tbsp tomato paste. Stir well and simmer on low covered for 30 minutes total.
- Scrape mushrooms and spices from pan into the sauce, and continue to simmer (for 30 minutes total).
- If you're having the sauce on pasta, now is a good time to cook your pasta.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.