As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This ‘So Easy’ Oven Roasted Zucchini recipe is so simple to make and it tastes amazingly, delicious as a side dish for all of your summer and fall dinners and it’s a great way to add more plants to your diet! Yummers!
Why this ‘So Easy’ Roasted Zucchini is the Perfect Side Dish
Looking for an easy vegan side dish that the whole family will love? You’re in the right place! This Oven Roasted Zucchini side dish is the perfect way to add some delicious plant-based nutrition to any meal.
With only a few ingredients, you’ll have a tasty, healthy dish on the dinner table in no time. Whether you have the time to spare or need to prepare something quickly, this zucchini is the perfect choice.
It’s s a simple and delicious way to enjoy this traditional summertime vegetable. Not only is it healthy and fast to make in the oven, the method of roasting brings out the sweetness in zucchini for a flavorful and enjoyable experience.
Benefits of Roasted Zucchini
Not only is zucchini simple to use, but it’s also extremely beneficial to your health. It’s non-starchy, low in calories, has no fat and it’s high in fiber. Vitamins A and C, which are found in zucchini, can also boost your immune system and help with vision.
When preparing, you shouldn’t peel the dark green skin because that is what has the most vitamins! All you do is slice the zucchini into rounds, and cut rounds in half, if you’re using a large zucchini, like pictured above.
Ingredients You Need
Oven Roasted Zucchini Recipe
- medium sized zucchini, unpeeled cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- olive oil
- additional flavor: add in any other spices you wish, like garlic powder, cumin, paprika, italian spices or cayenne pepper
Simple Steps to Roast Your Zucchini
- In a large bowl or ziploc bag, toss the zucchini with some olive oil and season it with salt and pepper.
- You can also add some garlic powder, cumin powder, paprika, any italian spices, cayenne pepper or a combo of your favorite blend to the oil mixture for spicing it up.
- That’s all, except for the roasting part of making this zucchini delish!
- Roast for 10-15 minutes on a baking sheet with zucchini pieces not touching each other so they can roast properly.
- Could squeeze some lemon juice when serving, on the side. Can also roast some onion or cherry tomatoes with it for some variety from time to time. Enjoy!
This Roasted Zucchini recipe is an easy, delicious side dish that celebrates the flavors of plant-based protein. With just a few ingredients and steps, you’ll have a tasty vegan side dish that’s sure to be a hit at your next meal. Give it a try for some healthy and delicious greens!
Got more zucchini? Make this Best Zucchini Bread! It’s so awesome!
More Delish Vegan Sides!
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
- Vegan Mashed Potatoes Done Right: A Creamy and Flavorful Take
- Mushroom Tofu Fried Rice
- Best Ever Easy Vegan Macaroni & Cheese
- Roasted Red Potatoes
'So Easy' Roasted Zucchini
- 1 large or 2 medium sized zucchini, unpeeled cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- additional: add in any other spices you wish, like garlic powder, cumin, paprika, italian spices or cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- Place cut zucchini in large bowl or large ziploc bag.
- Add oil, salt & pepper and toss together until combined.
- Spread the zucchini in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast until the zucchini is tender and browning around the edges, approximately 10 to 15 minutes on center rack.
- Add more salt and pepper if desired. Serve right away or at room temperature.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.