As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tofu chickpea salad is a versatile recipe that we like to make when we need something quick, without spending too much energy. It’s super easy to put together, and is fully ready within 10 minutes. It tastes great on sandwiches, wraps, or just as a dip with crackers or pita bread.
Tofu Chickpea Salad
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz. extra firm tofu with most liquid squeezed, patted dry, then cubed.
- 1 can chickpeas 15 oz (drained – save the juice, it's good to use in many recipes!)
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 2 tbsp onion diced (we used red onion)
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chives (we used dried chives)
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Squeeze your tofu block gently over the sink to remove some excess moisture. Pat it try with paper towel, and then cut it into smallish cubes.
- In a pan heat 1 tsp olive oil on medium heat. Add onion, green pepper, and tofu. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Pulse a few times until the texture is how you want it. We like to have it a little bit chunky.
- Scrape tofu chickpea salad mixture out of food processor into a large bowl. Mix it well, and taste it to see if you'd like to add any extra salt & pepper.
We have an alternative version for you here: Vegan Egg Salad. Which one do you prefer?
Tofu Chickpea Salad Shopping List
- Food Processor
- Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil
- Extra Firm Tofu
- Nutritional Yeast
- Garlic Powder
- Vegan Mayo
- Salt & Pepper
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases (at no extra cost to you).
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.