Vegan Crunchy Quesadillas
Vegan Cashew Queso
inspired from DetoxInista.com
Course: Appetizer, Side Dish, Snack
Keyword: Easy, Vegan, Dip, Queso Dip, Queso
- 1 cup Raw Cashews
- 14.5 oz Can of Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1.5 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 cup Water
- In a blender or food processor combine cashews, 1 tsp sea salt, 3 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1.5 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/4 cup water, and the liquid from the canned tomatoes with green chiles.
- Blend at high speed for a few minutes. The more you blend, the less grainy the queso will be. Add more water as needed till desired creaminess
- Transfer queso to a crock pot and add diced tomatoes with green chiles.
- Stir it up and cook at a low temperature in the crock pot.
In your queso you can add any extra fresh ingredients that you have left over, it will only make it better! In ours we added some remaining chopped tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, and basil. You can then drizzle your queso on top of your quesadillas if you like, or use it for dipping. Enjoy!
Vegan Crunch Quesadillas
These are just outstanding. Please give them a try!
- Large Tortillas
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sliced or Mashed Avocado
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Fresh Cilantro
- Fresh Basil
- 8 oz Mushrooms we used baby bella
- 1 can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 pkg Taco Seasoning
- 1 Jalapeno diced
- Cooking Oil olive or avocado preferred
- 1 Onion cut into long, thin pieces
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves
- In a skillet heat up the oil on low-medium heat, and then add onion, jalapeno, and garlic (and other peppers if you're using them).
- Cook for roughly 5 minutes, until onions soften.
- Add mushrooms, taco seasoning, and 1/4 cup of water to skillet.
- Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Place a tortilla on a large plate. We put our toppings on one half of the tortilla so it can be folded easily
- Add a couple spoonfuls of your cooked mushroom mixture, black beans, and drizzle some cashew queso.
- Grab a tostada and break it in half and add it on top of the queso.
- Add fresh ingredients on top of the tostada pieces; shredded lettuce, tomato, scallions, cilantro, and basil.
- Finish teh top with avocado if you’re using it.
- In a large skillet add some oil and turn to low heat.
- Once oil is heated, fold over the tortilla and transfer it to the skillet.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side.