As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s Mexican Vegan night! We have delicious Vegan cashew queso inspired from DetoxInista.com in these flavorful Vegan quesadillas. We hope you think they’re as delicious as we do!
Vegan Cashew Queso
Vegan Crunch Quesadillas
- Large Tortillas
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sliced or Mashed Avocado
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Fresh Cilantro
- Fresh Basil
- 8 oz Mushrooms we used baby bella
- 1 can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 pkg Taco Seasoning
- 1 Jalapeno diced
- Cooking Oil olive or avocado preferred
- 1 Onion cut into long, thin pieces
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves
- In a skillet heat up the oil on low-medium heat, and then add onion, jalapeno, and garlic (and other peppers if you're using them).
- Cook for roughly 5 minutes, until onions soften.
- Add mushrooms, taco seasoning, and 1/4 cup of water to skillet.
- Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Place a tortilla on a large plate. We put our toppings on one half of the tortilla so it can be folded easily
- Add a couple spoonfuls of your cooked mushroom mixture, black beans, and drizzle some cashew queso.
- Grab a tostada and break it in half and add it on top of the queso.
- Add fresh ingredients on top of the tostada pieces; shredded lettuce, tomato, scallions, cilantro, and basil.
- Finish teh top with avocado if you’re using it.
- In a large skillet add some oil and turn to low heat.
- Once oil is heated, fold over the tortilla and transfer it to the skillet.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
If you like this recipe, maybe you’ll like our other Vegan Mexican recipes!
Vegan Quesadillas Shopping List
- Black Beans
- Taco Seasoning
- Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Raw Cashews
- Tomatoes with Chiles
- Nutritional Yeast
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.