It’s Mexican Vegan night! We have delicious Vegan cashew queso inspired from DetoxInista.com in these flavorful Vegan quesadillas. We hope you think they’re as delicious as we do!
Vegan Cashew Queso
- 1 cup Raw Cashews
- 14.5 oz Can of Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1.5 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 cup Water
- In a blender or food processor combine cashews, 1 tsp sea salt, 3 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1.5 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/4 cup water, and the liquid from the canned tomatoes with green chiles.
- Blend at high speed for a few minutes. The more you blend, the less grainy the queso will be. Add more water as needed till desired creaminess
- Transfer queso to a crock pot and add diced tomatoes with green chiles.
- Stir it up and cook at a low temperature in the crock pot.
Vegan Crunch Quesadillas
- Large Tortillas
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sliced or Mashed Avocado
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Fresh Cilantro
- Fresh Basil
- 8 oz Mushrooms we used baby bella
- 1 can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 pkg Taco Seasoning
- 1 Jalapeno diced
- Cooking Oil olive or avocado preferred
- 1 Onion cut into long, thin pieces
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves
- In a skillet heat up the oil on low-medium heat, and then add onion, jalapeno, and garlic (and other peppers if you're using them).
- Cook for roughly 5 minutes, until onions soften.
- Add mushrooms, taco seasoning, and 1/4 cup of water to skillet.
- Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Place a tortilla on a large plate. We put our toppings on one half of the tortilla so it can be folded easily
- Add a couple spoonfuls of your cooked mushroom mixture, black beans, and drizzle some cashew queso.
- Grab a tostada and break it in half and add it on top of the queso.
- Add fresh ingredients on top of the tostada pieces; shredded lettuce, tomato, scallions, cilantro, and basil.
- Finish teh top with avocado if you’re using it.
- In a large skillet add some oil and turn to low heat.
- Once oil is heated, fold over the tortilla and transfer it to the skillet.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
If you like this recipe, maybe you’ll like our other Vegan Mexican recipes!
Vegan Quesadillas Shopping List
- Black Beans
- Taco Seasoning
- Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Raw Cashews
- Tomatoes with Chiles
- Nutritional Yeast
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.