These Vegan candied sweet potatoes are a must for the holidays! They’re so sweet, that they’re almost like a dessert. Everyone will surely love these.
The recipe is so simple. The hardest part of the recipe is peeling the sweet potatoes. Once that’s done, we simply chop them, steam them for 20 minutes, and then mix them with the yummy sweet coating. You can’t go wrong with these sweet potatoes.
We love this recipe because it’s so easy (and delicious!), and it doesn’t take much time. This makes it easy to work on other sides and the main dish for our holiday spread.
Vegan Extra Sweet Potatoes
- Steamer Basket
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and chopped to equal large bite-sized pieces
- 1.5 tbsp vegan butter melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- sea salt to taste
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes. You want them to be similar in size so that they cook at the same speed.
- Put a steamer basket in a large pot, and fill water until it almost touches the basket. Place chopped sweet potatoes into the basket. Turn heat to medium and cover with a lid. Cook for 20 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are steaming, you can make the candy mixture. In a medium bowl melt 1.5 tbsp Vegan butter. Then stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/3 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, and 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- When potatoes are done (test with fork to make sure they're soft), move them from the steamer basket into a serving bowl. Drizzle candied topping over the sweet potatoes and gently stir it around.
In Addition to Vegan Candied Sweet Potatoes
Of course you’ll also need some mashed potatoes with gravy for your holiday spread! We have you covered. Here is a wonderful Vegan Mashed Potatoes & Gravy recipe.
Looking for a Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole Instead?
If instead you’re looking for a Vegan sweet potato casserole, this recipe from MyDarlingVegan.com looks really delicious. We recommend to try it out!
Vegan Candied Sweet Potatoes Shopping List
This post contains affiliate links. These links help us out by giving us a small cut of each sale generated through them. They cost you absolutely nothing extra. We thank you so much if you order through our links! 🙂