It’s always Mexican night over here. You can’t go wrong with beans and rice. By adding in some fresh veggies and mushrooms it quickly becomes a meal instead of a side dish.
Try this unique and delicious kiwi salsa recipe to compliment your bean bowl!
- 5-8 Ripe kiwis
- 1/2 Red onion chopped
- 1 Jalapeno chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh cilantro
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- Salt to taste
- Peel and chop the kiwis into a bowl.
- Add red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice. Mix well.
- Add salt to taste.
Nana’s Bean Bowl
- 1 Pkg authentic yellow rice
- 1 Can Black beans
- Olive oil
- 1 Bell pepper Chopped
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- 1/2 Pkg mushrooms
- 1/2 Red onion
- 1 Tomato
- Prepare the rice according to label (for example: Bring water to boil, add oil and rice, let boil for 1 min then reduce heat and cook for 20-25 min).
- While rice is cooking, add 1 tbsp oil to skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped bell pepper and cook for 5 min.
- Add the black beans, and mushrooms, and reduce heat to let simmer for 5 min.
- When rice is finished, add it to the bean mixture and serve with chopped onion, tomato, avocado, and cilantro as desired.
- Add some kiwi salsa on top for a flavor explosion!
This Jalapeno Kiwi Salsa would also go well with several of our other recipes!
- Beyond Vegan Rice & Beans
- Amazing Tempeh Tacos
- Vegan Breakfast Tacos
- Sweet Potato Taquitos
- Vegan Crunch Quesadillas
Nana’s Vegan Bean Bowl with Jalapeno Kiwi Salsa Shopping List
These are Amazon affiliate links.