As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s always Mexican night over here. You can’t go wrong with beans and rice. By adding in some fresh veggies and mushrooms it quickly becomes a meal instead of a side dish.
Try this unique and delicious kiwi salsa recipe to compliment your bean bowl!
Nana’s Bean Bowl
- 1 Pkg authentic yellow rice
- 1 Can Black beans
- Olive oil
- 1 Bell pepper Chopped
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- 1/2 Pkg mushrooms
- 1/2 Red onion
- 1 Tomato
- Prepare the rice according to label (for example: Bring water to boil, add oil and rice, let boil for 1 min then reduce heat and cook for 20-25 min).
- Add the chopped bell pepper and cook for 5 min.
- Add the black beans, and mushrooms, and reduce heat to let simmer for 5 min.
- When rice is finished, add it to the bean mixture and serve with chopped onion, tomato, avocado, and cilantro as desired.
- Add some kiwi salsa on top for a flavor explosion!
This Jalapeno Kiwi Salsa would also go well with several of our other recipes!
- Beyond Vegan Rice & Beans
- Amazing Tempeh Tacos
- Vegan Breakfast Tacos
- Sweet Potato Taquitos
- Vegan Crunch Quesadillas
Nana’s Vegan Bean Bowl with Jalapeno Kiwi Salsa Shopping List
These are Amazon affiliate links.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.