We don’t always have time to make an elaborate meal, but we’ve found this is a quick, but satisfying healthy meal that we can make and enjoy anytime.
- Panini press (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 2 mushrooms sliced
- 2 slices of tomato
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 slice of onion
- 1 slice of vegan cheese We love this brand: Follow Your Heart
- 2 slices of bread
- Warm your panini press if you have one. If you don't have one, you can cook the sandwich in a pan, and place another pan on top of the sandwich to compress it while it cooks (you'll need to flip the sandwich halfway through cooking with this method).
- In a small pan cook your sliced mushrooms, slice of onion, and 1 tsp marjoram on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Butter 2 slices of bread (butter will be on outside of sandwich).
- Construct your sandwich. Place cheese, grilled mushrooms and onions, fresh spinach, tomatoes, and avocado on the bread.
- Put your sandwich on your panini press (or pan) and cook on low-medium heat for 5-7 minutes total (if using a pan be sure to flip the sandwich halfway through).