As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We don’t always have time to make an elaborate meal, but we’ve found this is a quick, but satisfying healthy meal that we can make and enjoy anytime.
Our favorite combo is made with with grilled mushrooms and onions, vegan cheese, spinach, avocado, and tomato. How does that sound? I’m getting hungry all over again!
This delicious panini can be made authentic by using a panini press. This is an awesome panini press made by Cuisinart.
- Panini press (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 2 mushrooms sliced
- 2 slices of tomato
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 slice of onion
- 1 slice of vegan cheese We love this brand: Follow Your Heart
- 2 slices of bread
- In a small pan cook your sliced mushrooms, slice of onion, and 1 tsp marjoram on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Butter 2 slices of bread (butter will be on outside of sandwich).
- Construct your sandwich. Place cheese, grilled mushrooms and onions, fresh spinach, tomatoes, and avocado on the bread.
- Put your sandwich on your panini press (or pan) and cook on low-medium heat for 5-7 minutes total (if using a pan be sure to flip the sandwich halfway through).
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.