As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We found an awesome brussels sprout recipe at BitesOfWellness.com and changed it up a tad. It’s an interesting way to make brussels sprouts, because it has one unusual ingredient… can you guess what it is? Apples! The apples combine to give these brussels sprouts a unique and yummy flavor. Who would have thought, but yes!
And we love brussels sprouts! Brussels sprouts are extremely healthy too! Check out all of their benefits here.
Give it a try and we would love to hear what you think about it!
Brussels Fried Rice
Brussel Sprouts with Apples
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts
- 1 large granny smith apple (or 2 small/medium)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Brussels Sprouts with Diced Apples
- Cut the bottoms off of your brussels if needed, and then chop them into halves. Place them in a food processor and pulse a few times. You don't want to process them too much, maybe 20 seconds or so of total pulsing.
- In a large pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium heat. Add brussels to pan and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While brussels are cooking, peel the granny smith apple, and dice it into small pieces.
Vegan Fried Rice
- Heat 1.5 tsp sesame oil in a large pan on medium heat.
- Cook your chopped carrots with the sesame oil for 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, and 1/4 tsp ground ginger. Stir frequently and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low, then add the apple brussels sprouts into the rice and stir well. Cook until heated through. Season with salt & pepper if needed.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.