As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We found this Vegan baked mac and cheese recipe from DoraDaily.com. It is such a great recipe. We had to go back for seconds, it was hard to stop eating it! This will be a great side-dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
We modified Dora’s version slightly, for our tastes. We added salt, and we cut back the breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning in half. We also used slightly less garlic.
We are so happy with the way this turned out! We’ll be making it again for sure. This might be our main go to Vegan mac and cheese from here on out.
This recipe is great because it doesn’t use any nuts. Cashews and other nuts used in most Vegan mac and cheese recipes can get pretty costly!
Vegan Baked Mac and Cheese
- 2 cups potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 cups carrots chopped
- 3 cups spinach fresh
- 1 pound pasta
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2.5 tsp garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk unsweetened - we like oat milk!
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced thinly (we used 1 large beefsteak tomato)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1.5 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp vegan butter melted
- Cook pasta according to package, and then drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dump the mac and cheese into a baking dish. Spread it evenly.
- In a small/medium bowl add 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, 1 tbsp melted butter, and 1.5 tsp italian seasoning. Stir well with a fork.
- Cover the top of the mac and cheese with slices of tomato. Then sprinkle breadcrumbs on the top.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until the breadcrumbs brown.
If you want to try another Vegan mac and cheese recipe check out
Vegan Baked Mac and Cheese Shopping List
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases (at no extra cost to you).
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.