We found this Vegan baked mac and cheese recipe from DoraDaily.com. It is such a great recipe. We had to go back for seconds, it was hard to stop eating it! This will be a great side-dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
We modified Dora’s version slightly, for our tastes. We added salt, and we cut back the breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning in half. We also used slightly less garlic.
We are so happy with the way this turned out! We’ll be making it again for sure. This might be our main go to Vegan mac and cheese from here on out.
This recipe is great because it doesn’t use any nuts. Cashews and other nuts used in most Vegan mac and cheese recipes can get pretty costly!
Vegan Baked Mac and Cheese
- food processor or blender
- 2 cups potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 cups carrots chopped
- 3 cups spinach fresh
- 1 pound pasta
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2.5 tsp garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk unsweetened - we like oat milk!
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced thinly (we used 1 large beefsteak tomato)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1.5 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp vegan butter melted
- Cook pasta according to package, and then drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, in a separate pot boil potatoes and carrots together. Boil until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In food processor or blender add potatoes, carrots, 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2.5 tsp minced garlic, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp paprika, 1 tsp sea salt, and 1/2 cup non-dairy unsweetened milk. Process or blend until as smooth as possible, it can take 5 minutes or so.
- In a large pot or bowl (we used the pot we cooked the pasta in) combine pasta, spinach, and cheesy sauce. Stir it up til it's mixed well.
- Dump the mac and cheese into a baking dish. Spread it evenly.
- In a small/medium bowl add 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, 1 tbsp melted butter, and 1.5 tsp italian seasoning. Stir well with a fork.
- Cover the top of the mac and cheese with slices of tomato. Then sprinkle breadcrumbs on the top.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until the breadcrumbs brown.
If you want to try another Vegan mac and cheese recipe check out
Vegan Baked Mac and Cheese Shopping List
This post contains affiliate links. These links help us out by giving us a small cut of each sale generated through them. They cost you absolutely nothing extra. We thank you so much if you order through our links! 🙂